Let’s face it: when you’re still new at WordPress, even the easiest of tasks to even the brainiest of computer geeks can be like solving a word puzzle devised by some superior alien race.
Don’t worry, I get it. I was there not so long ago myself. So lets take a look at how to login to your WordPress administrative control panel, affectionately named the “Dashboard”.
Here are your super-simple 3 easy steps:
- Assuming your WordPress installation is in the root of your public folder (“public_html”), your administrative login is located at http://www.yourdomainnamehere.com/wp-admin
- For regular non-jedi users like the commenting public – it’s at http://www.yourdomainnamehere.com/wp-login
- Enter your WordPress user name into the ‘Username’ box
- Enter your WordPress password into the ‘Password’ box, then click ‘Log In’
- Voila! You’re in. Ok, that’s not really a step. But just the three steps just seemed so lonely without this one